Is building a guitar yourself cheaper?
Looking strictly at the cost of the parts and materials the answer would be a soft yes. Barely, though there is potential there. But (there is always a but), if you take into account the cost of tools there is a good chance you have already surpassed the cost of a cheap guitar.
Both the Budget and the Premium Build lists will need to include:
* Bridge and Pickups
* Pickguard, Pots, Caps, Switch, Knobs and Panel
* A fingerboard, Frets, a Truss-rod, * * Dots, A nut and Machine heads
Ways to create your own can be divided into these routes:
Order all original (or better) parts to create a custom-made replica
Build from scratch using all original parts
Build from scratch using replacement parts (the budget route)
Buy and assemble a full Guitar Kit of the guitar of choice
Other than a few lucky people who consider the act of sanding a sort of Zen meditation, most of us just want to get it done with. Add the fact that your guitar is going to be seen and judged before it is going to be heard, and we need to find the method for […]
You can copy any design by following the next few steps
• Get a clear front view image of the guitar.
• Find out, or decide on the scale length of the guitar.
• Create a full-size graphic document, which will become your blue-print for the guitar
• Scale the image to match the full-scale image
• Trace the guitar parts while checking and using actual size and measurement, of the parts and components.
• Print it out at full scale to make a template.
There are many reasons to build a guitar yourself. It could be a fantasy you’ve had for years, it could be a chance to create a perfect combination of the element you want as a guitarist and it could just be a DIY project you thought would be nice and challenging/ Regardless of the reason, […]